At the request of Ray Myers, Kaufman County Tea Party leader, Rafael Cruz told why his son, former Presidential candidate, Ted Cruz chose to endorse Donald J. Trump Friday for President of the United States. The elder Cruz attended the Tea Party’s annual fundraiser Saturday, September 24 in Forney, Texas, at which he also introduced the keynote speaker, J. Christian Adams, legal editor at PJ Media, and former prosecuting attorney with the Department of Justice.
After deliberating prayerfully for several months, Ted Cruz chose to endorse Donald Trump for President, according to Rafael, who listed seven reasons why: 1) Integrity – “My son made a commitment to support the nominee.” Rafael reminded the crowd of 220 conservatives that after shenanigans at the National Republican Convention, there were wounded spirits and tensions were high, but that Ted knew he must honor his word.
2) Supreme Court – With the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia, we are just one justice away from losing all the freedoms that Ted Cruz has fought to preserve as Texas Solicitor General before the Supreme Court. The senior Cruz said that Hillary Clinton would appoint leftist judges that will totally destroy the country’s moral compass. “We will see the traditional family being destroyed…” said Rafael Cruz.
“Yesterday (September 23, 2016) something else happened… Trump came out with a list of justices, including Senator Mike Lee, and he did something that he had not done before. He made an explicit commitment to appoint justices only from that list. That was probably the strongest reason why Ted said… ‘I know the men and women on that list. I can’t think of anyone who would be a better Supreme Court Justice than Senator Mike Lee or our own Don Willett.’ That commitment to appoint only from that list had a great deal of weight upon his decision.” The crowd applauded.
3) Obamacare – “Ever since Ted was running for President and for Senator, his number one priority has been, ‘Let’s get rid of Obamacare,’” Rafael proudly boasted, as the crowd again applauded. “We know that if Hillary Clinton is elected, Obamacare will never be repealed. In fact, she wants universal healthcare. She wants Hillarycare, which is worse than Obamacare!”
4) Energy – Rafael accused the Obama Administration and Clinton of being on a “rampage to destroy the coal industry, and along with it, the oil and gas industries.”
Railroad Commissioner Candidate Wayne Christian also weighed in and agreed with Cruz, that we could be energy independent, yet that will never happen with a Clinton Presidency. In fact, Christian said that Texans could lose more than 100,000 jobs in the coal industry if Hillary gets her way and brings the industry down, as she claims she will do.
5) Immigration – Hillary Clinton will continue the unlawful legalization of illegal aliens that Obama started. “In fact, she’ll go beyond that,” said Rafael Cruz. “She has said that she will make every illegal alien in this nation, legal. That would be disastrous. In fact, if that happens, I believe we would never see another Republican elected, ever.”
6) National Security – “ISIS is having a field day,” Cruz claimed. There are more and more terrorist acts, which Obama and Hillary Clinton don’t care to discuss. Cruz said that Hillary would expand the terrorist-seeding program to grant Syrian refugees asylum in the United States.
7) Internet Freedom – “My son has been leading the fight to protect our internet from being given away… to Russia, China and Iran… Hillary Clinton has said that she is in favor of giving away our internet.”
The crowd applauded wildly as Cruz concluded, “We must at all cost prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming the next President of the United States of America!”