Mrs Mewjeski: How’s That Drain the Swamp Thing Goin?
Today, I tried to clean out our gutters; and that got me ta’ thinkin’… “I wonder how that ‘drain the swamp’ thing’s going?” So, I checked.
Apparently, telling a bunch of over-educated lawyers, that you are going to ruin their three-card-monte monopoly, really sticks in their craw. Washington is like a Fire Ant colony; and D. Trump has pitched his blanket right on top of them…picnic basket and all.
So, the Fire Ants decided they needed an investigation. They appointed a “head” Fire Ant, and he hired a bunch of other Fire Ants, and they have latched on to the Trump-Monster’s rear-end and are shaking it like a fat-faced terrier on a roadkill.
It has been said that, “The FBI can indict a ham sandwich.” Well, they may finally get a chance to prove it.
Trump is a bombastic, over-bearing, pop-n-jay…in laymen’s terms… a Fool. A-a-a-ah, but that’s not the problem. The problem is, “He is not THEIR fool.”
Let’s just look at the fools “they’ve” given us in the last 50 years:
– LBJ (Lyndon Baines Johnson). …He kicked over a Fire Ant nest himself; only this one had Asian Fire Ants in it, and they eventually ate him alive; except for his hat and boots, which are on display at the LBJ Presidential Library, located in Hanoi.
– Richard M. Nixon… I’m not sure if he qualifies; the Washington ant colony got him too. Let’s move on, Tricky Dick isn’t a problem…anymore
– Gerald R. Ford. …a certified card-carrying member of the “Fools Union.” The man couldn’t even stay on his feet for longer than 15 seconds, he played college football before head injuries were “discovered,” and “GERALD” is not the name for a President; But the powers in DC liked him, so he got to stick around…in a “Village Idiot” sorta’ way.
– James Earl Carter, Jr. …The patron saint of Lost Causes and Peanuts. The only “cause” he never lost, was the 1976 Presidential Election. Washington Loved Him! Still Do! This hand-picked Fool gave us: 18.5 percent interest rates, Billy Carter, enough folksy “Gollies” to last a lifetime, and the Iranians toilet papered the White House…REPEATEDLY!
– Ronald Wilson Reagan. The last guy to kick over the Washington Fire Ant nest and pee on it. They couldn’t get rid of him, and that made them even madder.
– George H. W. Bush. The Insider’s, Insider. He was 19-years-old and flying combat missions in the Pacific during World War II. Another fine example of peaking too early. He did manage to reproduce at least two future potential fools (one, always a bride’s maid, never a bride); but I’m getting ahead of myself.
William Jefferson, and Hillary Rodham Clinton. Both are included, because they are a Tag-team. You knock one down, the other pops up. Their marriage is set-up the same way as the Mexican Cartels.
If one is indicted, the other runs for office. If one is out of the country, the other is enjoying a fine smoke with a giddy intern. If someone tattles, they wake-up in a Washington Municipal Park next to a cannon…not breathing.
– George W. Bush, the younger progeny of the aforementioned George H. W. Bush, member of the Texas National Guard, and a grand Fool through and through. Washington didn’t like him, Wall Street didn’t like him, “we” didn’t like him, “they” didn’t like him, …no one liked him: But…
He was relatively harmless; he was a “legacy,” and he was reported to have the largest vocabulary of any President to date…….of course, all of it Wrong! …But still, it was very large.
– Barak Hussein Obama. He gets a bad rap. He took over during a serious global financial crisis; and after eight years, a trillion and a half dollars of infrastructure development, (anyone find that new bridge yet?), and doubling the National Debt…he didn’t make it much worse, which is more than we can say about our national psyche.
Look, I’m all for indicting everyone within a 50-mile radius of Washington DC. Indict ’em, impeach ’em, freeze-dry ’em, and ship them off to some third-world country to be used as animal feed. It’s what they deserve. But getting together a lynch-mob of Washington “insiders,” who’s only real question is, “Which rope do we use?” just isn’t cricket.
The People decided they wanted Trump, good, bad, or ugly. And, as I’ve pointed out, we’ve survived as bad, or worse. I suspect we will survive Trump.
Millions of people voted “for” and “against” him. Now, a coupla’ dozen, faceless people will tell you if you were right.
We live in a Representative Republic, you have “rights” here…as long as you do what you’re told.