Bluebonnet photography is a yearly tradition in Texas when photographers, professional and amateurs alike, capture our state's natural stunning beauty. Bluebonnets are abundant as March, April, and May are prime blooming months in Texas. So, whether you're aiming to capture the perfect family photo or a brilliant sunrise or sunset landscape, we'd love to see it! So much so, we're offering cash prizes!
The Northeast Texan 2018 Photo Contest is your chance to showcase how our prairies and hillsides light up with this seasonal wildflower. Butterflies on a bloom? Picturesque creeks and swimming holes? Charming towns and heritage ranches? Snap away! Taking a bluebonnet tour, visiting a state park, or have a showcase back yard? Capture that winning photo and show our readers Texas' striking and unique artistry!
Photo contest rules and prizes!
We're excited to see your entry (or entries!) and share your love for our state flower with our readers! Here's what you need to know!
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Photos are voted on by readers and followers. Be sure to Share your entries through social media.
- The contest is open until midnight on April 30, 2018.
- Amateurs and professional photographers are welcome to submit entries.
- There are three categories:
1. People and pets (amateur)
2. Landscapes (amateur)
3. Professional photographers (animals, people, landscapes)
- All photos must contain bluebonnets to be considered an official entry.
- Winners of each category will receive a $50 cash prize.
- Enter up to 10 photos.
- Share your entries on social media with friends and gather in more votes.
- All entries submitted are subject to be considered for future publicity use by The Northeast Texan, LLC.
- All entries without legal release by parent or owner are disqualified. (i.e. Don't take a photo of your neighbor's children or property without permission.)
- Winners will be notified via email.
- Winning entries will be showcased in a public article on www.northeasttexan.com by May 5, 2018.
- Photos will not be returned. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
- Please only submit photos from the 2018 bluebonnet season.
Submit your entries above by clicking "Upload Entry."